The Customer Portal is the main web app used to manage Properties.
Each user can have roles managing multiple Properties. If you have access to more than one Property, you can access them all from the same Customer Portal login.
Setting Up Your Property
Enabling SDK Integrations
Each app or client that uses the offers, businesses, and audience data in your property requires a separate Integration. Integrations connect your SDK to the Platform data via a secret Integration Write Key.
Integration Write Keys are managed in your Property Settings (click on the Profile Menu at the top right of your screen and select Property Settings then the Integrations tab).
Adding an Integration
In the Property Settings > Integrations section, click the + Add Integration link at the bottom of the page.
Select which SDK you'll be connecting to this integration (iOS / Android / Web), and add a name, and click Continue. The name is what you'll internally refer to this integration as, and can be changed at any time.
Save the Write Key that is shown for later. This is what is used to initialize the SDK in your app or product.
Add co-workers to your Property in Property Settings > Users. Property users are able to see all the businesses, offers, and audience data in the Property.
Just add their email address and chose their role and permissions, then click Invite to send them an invite email.
You can also change an existing user's role, or remove a user from the same location.
Managing Your Property
To list offers in your Property, you need to:
- Enable a Business and some or all of that Business' Locations
- Create the first Offer for that Business
- Create a Collection that makes the Business or Offer discoverable via the SDK.
A Business is a single brand that can have zero or more physical locations. Enabling a business in your Property allows it to be discoverable and allows offers at that business to be published to your Apps and Integrations.
The Loop Media Platform provides a global list of many businesses and locations that you can select from automatically. It also provides the ability to add local businesses that are unique to your industry or market segment.
Step 1: Find and Enable a Business
Navigate to the Businesses tab in your Property and click the Add Business button at the top. Search to find the business you want to add by name or address.
Once you've found the right business, you can select which of the locations you want to enable. You can always change this later.
Can't find the right business or location?
Just click the Can't Find ... links to add the missing entry, or request an update from our team.
Step 2: Creating an Offer
From a Business details page, click the Create Offer button to start. There is a simple process to add a new offer.
- Add a great headline that clearly highlights the value, details on the particular offer, and any optional terms or promo code.
- Upload or choose a great image that best shows the product or service being offered.
- Set the schedule when the offer is visible and usable. These can be different (ie. an offer that is always visible, but can only be used on certain days)
- Set how the offer will be used (in person, online, or by phone), and set any per-person limits the offer has
Finally, review the offer looks correct in the preview area, and click Publish.
Step 3: Creating a Collection
Collections are a general mechanism to group businesses and offers together. There are 2 types of collections:
- Static - A fixed list of offers or businesses by offer / business id.
- Dynamic - A variable list of that is calculated dynamically based on tags or business categories.
Each SDK provides ways to search for specific collections, and to display the Businesses and Offers of an individual collection.
To start with, create a Static collection with the business you added above:
- In the Collections tab, click Add Collection
- Name the collection and add or select an image and icon for it. These are used by the SDK to show the collection in lists, and as a header image for collection list views.
- Search and add the Business with the Static > Businesses field.
- Click Create to save this collection.
Geographic Visibility Restrictions
Both Offers and Collections can have arbitrary geographic limits placed on them. This enables the offer or collection to be targeted to specific geographic areas only. In both cases, additional geographic restrictions can be added by adding locations to the Regions of the offer or collection.
Regions are pre-defined geographic areas that come from the Loop Media Platform GIS system. Virtually all neighbourhoods, cities, regional districts, states / provinces, and countries are available to use.
Managing Additional Locations
Many Businesses have more than one location. Each location must be enabled in each property. To enable or disable additional locations:
- Navigate to the business and select the Locations tab.
- Find the location in either the list or map views and click the Enable.
- To Disable a location, view the details of the location and click the Disable Location button.